How you can help
Volunteers are a vital part of day to day operations at Harmony House. By supporting our staff, volunteers help us provide higher quality services to the survivors of Domestic Violence that we serve.
Volunteer opportunities are available in many areas and skill levels. Some need little or no experience, while others require a training program provided free of charge. If you would like to find out more about how you can help make change happen, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 417.837.7700, email@example.com or complete an application and email or fax directly to 417.837.7707.
- Help to answer the 24 hour SAFEline, with resident intakes, provide clerical and advocacy support and supplemental staff to ensure that the needs of our clients are met.
- Assist the Outreach Coordinator in providing support to survivors who file for Orders of Protection and attend court proceedings.
- Help provide a fun, educational and safe environment for the children who are residents of Harmony House.
- Help to facilitate the community’s understanding of domestic violence issues by speaking to various groups.
- Act as a relief case manager on evening and weekends to increase survivor's access to services.
- Help to answer phones, general office work, data entry, special mailings and other clerical tasks.
- Help pick up, accept, sort, acknowledge and stock incoming donations.
- Assist with special events, grant research and locating new ways and sources for funding. You can also organize and sponsor your own event!
- Help make our environment as welcoming as possible by performing general cleaning duties.
- Help kitchen staff with meal preparation, serving, cleaning and dishes.
- Assist with building repairs, landscaping and maintenance projects.
- Harmony House can sometimes serve as an intern or practicum site providing experience working with domestic violence survivors and with direct client services.
Advocacy Office Assistance*
Children’s Program Assistance*
Community Education Assistance*
Case Management Assistance*
Administration Office Assistance
Building Maintenance/Landscaping Assistance
Internship and Practicum Program
Our volunteer coordinator, Lisa C. Keene, would be happy to talk to you about ways you can join our team! Call her at (417) 837-7700 for more information or to set up an appointment, or you can e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Program Service volunteers are required to complete additional training.
Print the Volunteer Application (pdf format) and fax directly to 417.837.7707.